When we signed the lease for the shop on the 1st June, we originally set our ‘opening date’ for the 15th July. Here is a list of reasons why we haven’t opened yet:
1. Mainly and most importantly, we have had no power. Initially this was due to be connected about three weeks ago but was only done a few days ago and of course without any electricity there wasn’t that much we could do in the shop.
2. We had no water. See above.
3. Our stock didn’t arrive. We placed two large orders with two different suppliers which made up the bulk of our stock. The first was due to arrive two weeks ago on the Monday. After waiting in the shop all day - which wasn’t too pleasant as it’s an average of 35 degrees here and for the above reasons - it randomly arrived the following Monday at about 8.30pm… The second delivery was due to arrive on Wednesday and as of this moment, has not yet arrived.
4. Once we had power and water, there was a fair amount of work to be done painting the shop front and sorting out the bathroom etc. This was due to be finished yesterday but of course it wasn’t and so there is still more to be done next week.
5. We still have a s**t ton of work to do. Not much more to say on that one.
Sooooo the overall conclusion is that we are now hoping to be open in about two weeks time for the beginning of August, if all goes to plan.
We are all trying very hard to keep our positive heads on but the last few weeks would have tested the patience of the Dalai Lama and the outcome of this is that all I want to do is eat carbs and chocolate, my face is now breaking out, I persuaded my mum to cut my hair and then nearly cried when she finished and I can’t sleep properly…
However, it will all be worth in the end I’m sure. In a few weeks we should be up and running and I can't wait to see everything come together. After all, anything worth having doesn’t come easy does it?
Thought I’d share a few pictures of the chaos for your enjoyment.